“Summertime!” said in my best Will Smith voice. Crop tops and barbeques, bikinis and Apple beer, new music and your favorite throwbacks. There are so many combinations to be made this summer; like you, your besties and a funky festival. It’s just something about thousands of people flocking to one common ground to groove out to their favorite artist. Here are 5 major reasons why you need to make your way to a festival this summer.
- The Experience – Concerts are great, but there is just something about the festival experience that you can’t beat. Imagine that huge arena that typically houses artist year-round. Now get rid of it! That’s right, you’ll be outside, enjoying whatever Mother Nature decides to throw your way. The free flowing atmosphere will be second to none.
- Bonding with friends – Unless you’re a diehard loner, chances are you’ll hit up a few friends to join in the adventure. Whether you’re booking a hotel, shacking up at an Airbnb, or camping out under the stars, the experience will be one to remember. Good vibes, falling in love with your bff all over again and heart to hearts will be plentiful!
- Meeting New People – People travel from all over to attend festivals. Festivals are a melting pot of different languages, alma maters, hometowns and overall preferences. What’s better than hitting it off with a like-minded, music loving chick!
- Festival Fashion – As if you need an excuse to wear every piece of fringe you own! Festivals are the perfect time to channel your inner fashionista and indulge in the hashtag #OOTD across all social media platforms. Check out our top 3 looks below:
Accessories: Amici Accessories Fringe Trim Faux Suede Backpack $38.00 // Design Lab Beaded Chandelier Earrings $32.00 // popmap Oversize Vintage Inspired Metal Round Circle Sunglasses $9.90
Dress: S.H.E. Ivory Lace Off-Shoulder Dress $44.99
Shoes: Dondi by Steve Madden $59.95
Tough Girl Chic
Accessories: Love My Items 2 Rihanna Baseball Cap $13.50 // JCP Sterling Silver Tube 50MM Hoop Earrings $18.40 // avenue Flap Tassle Crossbody Handbag $24.00
Shorts: MintThreads Vintage “HERCULES” Levis $28.00
Top: Billabong Sacrd Eye Muscle Tee $24.95
Outerwear: Phase Eight Phase Eight Paola Tassel Kimono $83
Shoes: Canvas Flatfrom Sneakers by Chicnova $20.00
Accessories: Trouva The Natasha Hamilton Collaboration Ankh Charm Ear Cuff $15.00 // Kate Spade NY Queen Bee Bella Clutch $100.00 // popmap Oversize Round Flat Pattern Sunglasses //
Top: Rachel Comey Striped Crochet cCopped Top $265
Bottom: WM3 Straight Cropped Fringed Jeans $295
Shoes: Dounle Deck Butterfly by Keds $55
- The music – Whatever your relationship with music is, you’ll have to admit that you have one. Chances are this is not your favorite artists’ tour stop, so they will have tons of freedom during their performance. The whole musical experience will be life changing; you may just walk away with a newfound love for a new genre of music.
Take a chance to enjoy the thrill of a summer festival. Vibe out and enjoy the constant flow of creativity and entertainment.