Social media challenges are one the hottest and fun things to participate in. Different challenges allows you to not only interact with your followers but with people you may not know. However, there are some tips that should be followed when participating in any social media challenge.
- Read the rules in their entirety– We all know that you can easily get distracted with social and will sometimes agree to participate in a challenge simply based on the title or the fact that a lot of people are participating in it. It is important to read all of the rules to make sure that this is something that you actually want to participate in and can commit to 100%.
- Follow the rules exactly– At times we tend to do things our way, I would avoid this while participating in a social media challenge. The rules are set for a reason, the creator of the challenge will be very specific about their expectations. Following the rules exactly ensures that you are successful in the challenge and that you gain the most out of participating in the challenge.
- Pay attention to deadlines – This is one of the most important tips to following a social media challenge. Creators of these challenges have specific deadlines on various different things such as how long you can post, when the challenge is ending, when you should post, what to post, how to engage other users, etc. Majority of the challenges I have participated in do not give extensions on their deadlines, so mark your calendars with the important challenge dates.
- Update your followers on your progress – Fitness challenges are a good example of one challenge that you should definitely updated your followers on. Usually challenges ask you to update weekly to show your physical process. With other challenges get creative, tell people what you like, what you don’t like, why you are participating in the challenge, and other information that can keep your followers entertained and updated with how it is working out for you.
- Encourage others to participate with you – The point of social media is to be social! Encourage your followers to participate in your favorite challenges. This means posting often and tagging your friends, notifying that you would like them to join you.
You do not have to participate in every social media challenge that comes across your timeline. But, you should find the challenges that interest you and are conducive to your lifestyle.